For all media inquiries, press and photo releases please contact Laurie Cussalli, Business Officer of the UCSB NRS, firstname.lastname@example.org or (805)893-4127.
NRS News and Highlights
- UC biologists can infer trees’ desired conditions from their wood and leaves
- Photographer Jordan Benton explores the use of technology to study nature at NRS reserves.
- The NRS’s James San Jacinto Mountains Reserve hosted a Biomimicry Camp this August to help local schoolchildren keep their science skills sharp.
- A $7M state grant to advance climate resilience will pair Indigenous nations with UC scientists to conserve culturally important plant species and support internships at NRS reserves.
- NRS veteran Becca Fenwick now advances wildland management, ecology research and workforce development with uncrewed aerial vehicles and remote sensing systems.