For all media inquiries, press and photo releases please contact Laurie Cussalli, Business Officer of the UCSB NRS, firstname.lastname@example.org or (805)893-4127.
NRS News and Highlights
- A project funded by a CA Climate Action grant will help coastal communities forecast climate change impacts by utilizing environmental data collected by a network of UC Natural Reserves and nearby monitored sites.
- Supposedly drought-tolerant Sonoran Desert species hit their breaking points.
- Brainwave patterns show elephant seals sleep 2 hours per day while diving for months at sea, rivaling the record for the least sleep among mammals.
- Steve Monfort, executive director of the UC Natural Reserve System, shares why biodiversity is the key to our future and how UC’s reserves are its best-kept secret.
- Productivity of brine flies is tied to overall health of salt lake ecosystems; both are in decline.